- FORMER MAYORAL CANDIDATE Shaun Bailey gave a barnstorming speech at our ten year anniversary event in London last month – all the more remarkable because he had his appendix out that morning. “I am stood here today” he began, “because quite frankly I’m astonished that other politicians don’t speak about marriage publicly in a positive way“. Unashamed, unembarrassed, powerful, inspiring and non-judgmental. Read selected highlights or watch the whole speech
- MARRIAGE RATES fell by 6% in 2019, the year before the pandemic. 2020 figures will be much worse of course. We shouldn’t be surprised. Hostile policy makers pretend marriage doesn’t matter even though most of them embrace marriage in their private lives. Their public policy however massively penalises low-income couples who marry. Despite this, most young adults still want to marry and the evidence says that this is a good choice.
- KATE AND I had a wonderful few days in Vienna last month meeting old friends and new from across Europe for Marriage Week International. In the UK, Marriage Week runs next year 7-14 February 2023.
- IF YOU’RE INTERESTED in the subject of marriage preparation, there’s a must-read article in the Church Times. Highly recommended
- MARRIAGE has been badly neglected in the public arena. Yet it remains as important as ever as the strong foundation of a healthy society. Here’s how you can support us
Sign up here if you’d like to receive them once a month